- Our early start on helping kids in Adelaide
Our early start on helping kids in Adelaide
Right: yourtown CEO Tracy Adams and Board Chair Peter Ffrench were joined by The Hon. Rachel Sanderson MP at the launch event.
How does it work?
The program is voluntary and free to parents and their kids. It's available to Playford families with children aged 3-5 whose primary caregiver is aged up to 25. At least one of the following factors must also be present:
- Family vulnerabilities have the potential to delay or impair a child’s development
- A child requires additional support to achieve developmental milestones
- A child’s transition to primary school is at risk
- The family is not engaged with existing early childhood services
We aim to help 3-5 year-old children to...
Reach important developmental milestones
Become more engaged and confident learners
Be better prepared to start school
Feel a greater sense of confidence and wellbeing
We aim to help parents to...
Get specialist support for their child
Learn how to help their child thrive at school
Learn new strategies and skills for positive parenting
Support emotional, social & intellectual development
Build strong family relationships & support networks
The Hon. Rachel Sanderson MP (far left), and Dr Matt Doherty (second from left) and yourtown staff celebrated the launch.