- Strengthening families and community
Strengthening families and community
Parents and carers play a crucial role in the lives of all children and young people. At the same time, they need support in their role as they struggle with community connections, family relationships and parenting.
SUPPORT. COUNSELLING. EDUCATION.
Our response to families in need is diverse, ranging from parenting programs, telephone and online counselling through to accommodation and community-wide initiatives to build capacities and resilience.
In 2014 we helped:
- More than 9,600 parents and carers who contacted Parentline
- 5,256 people who participated in our Communities for Children program
- 234 parents and children at our refuges for family violence and homelessness
- 223 parents and children in our Young Parents programs
We know that it is possible to change the fate of children, young people and families. We also know there is no quick fix. Time, patience and individual attention are critical. Tracy Adams, BoysTown CEO.
This National Families Week we are reaffirming our commitment to ensuring children, young people and families have the opportunity to reach their fullest potential.
You can help us continue this important work by supporting the yourtown Art Union or making a one off donation.
And don’t forget to subscribe to keep up to date with the latest yourtown news.